Welcome to 4th Grade!
Ms. Miriam Preus
(763)-331-1012 (cell) or (763)-420-2426 #19 (school)
· Aug. 27th – First day of school
· Aug. 31st-Sept. 3rd – Labor Day Break/NO SCHOOL
4th Grade Information
· 3 Ring Binders will be brought to and from school each day. This will hold 3 folders and your assignment notebook. Each folder will have a separate purpose.
o Homework Folder – This will contain your daily assignments. One side of the folder will be labeled TO DO. Any assignments that you have not finished in class will be put on this side. The other side of the folder will be labeled DONE. Any assignments that you finished at home and are to turn in the next day will be put on this side. Please keep an eye out for graded papers with an “R” on top. Your child is expected to REPAIR and RETURN the assignment within one week. Please check GRADELINK for missing work.
o Take Home Folder – This folder will be given to students each Friday and parents should review over weekend. Students must return folders on Monday. One side will be labeled Please Review, Sign, and Return to School. This side will include important school forms and WEEKLY PROGRESS REPORTS. The other side will be labeled Please Review and Keep at Home. This will include tests, quizzes, graded assignments, and school flyers. Please look over and keep at home. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
§ Weekly Progress Reports – These reports will inform parents on their student’s efficiency of completed work, student’s behavior, and inform Ms. Preus that they have looked over graded tests, quizzes, and assignments. This will be placed in the folder each Friday. Please sign and have your child return it each Monday with TAKE HOME FOLDER.
o Notes Folder – This folder will solely be used for any notes or activities completed in class.
· Assignment Notebooks will be used in 4th grade. Parents, feel free to communicate with me through this book. I will teach the class how this book will be used at the beginning of the year. I will be looking for your initials daily as we watch your child grow and be accountable for their assignments. DO means assignment given and DONE means the lesson is completed.
· Memory Work will be due and recited on every Monday of the week. Assigned verses will be introduced and explained the week before. Students will have a copy that will be in their student binder.
· Math Facts – Continue to help your child memorize MATH facts. This year students must master the multiplication tables up to 12’s.
· Reports with varying formats and topics will be assigned throughout the school year. Martin Luther (Nov.), Christmas Topic (Dec.), Grandparent Interview (Jan), Science Fair Project (Feb. 4), President Report (Feb.), State Report (Apr.)
· States and Capitals are to be memorized and mastered by the end of 4th grade.
· Mr. Manners – 4th grade will have a big emphasis on manners and using the word YES!
· Spelling is based off independent study. 3x each are due on Tuesdays, sentences are due on Wednesdays, and Bookwork is due on Thursdays. Tests will be given Fridays or end of school week. Review words will be included on tests.
· Recorder lessons may begin for 4th graders in October (if they’re not in band.) Beginner Band/Orchestra meets on Tuesday this year.
Looking forward to a great year with all of you!!!